RECRUITING OFFICE (HEADQUARTERS) JALANDHAR CANTT
ARMY RECRUITMENT RALLY AT
APS (PRIMARY WING) GROUND, JALANDHAR CANTT FROM 04 JANUARY 2021 TO 31 JANUARY 2021
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY AND WILL BE OPEN FROM 14 NOVEMBER 2020 TO 28 DECEMBER 2020
- Army Recruitment Rally will be held for eligible candidates of districts Kapurthala, Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar, Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur and Tarn Taran from 04 January 2021 to
31 January 2021 at APS (Primary Wing) Ground on Major General Rajindar Singh, Sparrow Road, Jalandhar Cantt. Gates will be opened by 0700hours and closed by 1000 hours on each day. Online registration is mandatory and will be open from 14 November 2020 to 28 December 2020. Admit Cards for the rally will be sent through registered e-mail from 29 December 2020 to 03 January 2021. Candidates should reach the venue on a given date and time as mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Candidates will be screened for following Categories and as per Qualitative Requirements mentioned below. The weight standards will be as per latest medical policy issued vide Para 55 of IHQ of MoD (Army) Dte Gen of Medical Service letter No 76054/Policy/DGMS-5A dt 16 Jul 2019 :-
|Category||Age (Years)||Born Between (Both dates inclusive)||Minimum Physical QR||Education QR|
|Height (CM)||Weight (KG)||Chest (CM)|
|Soldier General Duty||17 ½ – 21||01 Oct 1999 to 01 Apr 2003||170||Minimum – 52 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 63.6 20+01days to – 66.5 21 yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||Cl 10th /Matric pass with 45% marks in aggregate and Min 33% in each subject. For Boards following grading system minimum of D Grade (33-40) in each subject or grade which contains 33% and overall aggregate of C2 grade.|
|Soldier Technical||17 ½ – 23||01 Oct 1997 to 01 Apr 2003||170||Minimum – 52 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 63.6 20+01days to – 66.5 23yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||10+2 / Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with Minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject.|
|Soldier Tech NA (AMC)||17 ½ – 23||01 Oct 1997 to 01 Apr 2003||170||Minimum – 52 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 63.6 20+01days to – 66.5 23 yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||10+2/ Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject. (OR) 10+2/intermediate pass in science with physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject.|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical / Inventory Management||17 ½ – 23||01 Oct 1997 to 01 Apr 2003||162||Minimum -47.2 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 57.7 20+01days to – 60.4 23 yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce and Science) with 60% marks in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject. Securing 50% in English and Maths/Accounts/Bookkeeping in Class12th is mandatory.|
|Soldier Tradesmen (All Arms) 10th Pass||17 ½ – 23||01 Oct 1997 to 01 Apr 2003||170||Minimum – 52 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 63.6 20+01days to – 66.5 23 yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||Class 10th Simple Pass.No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored min 33% in each subject.|
|Soldier Tradesmen (All Arms) 8th Pass||17 ½ – 23||01 Oct 1997 to 01 Apr 2003||170||Minimum – 52 17 ½ to 20 yrs- 63.6 20+01days to – 66.5 23 yrs||77 ( + 5 CM expansion)||Class 8th Simple Pass. (for Syce, House Keeper & Mess Keeper) No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored min 33% in each subject.|
|Note. Education Certificates issued by Education Boards affiliated to / listed by COBSE, AICTE , CBSE and NIOS only will be considered|
|Special Instructions (if any ) Applicants hailing from Kandi Area are eligible for following relaxation in physical standards subject to producing Kandi Area Certificate duly signed by SDM :HeightSol GD, Sol (Tech/ Tech NA/ Tech Aviation) and Sol Tdn – 163 CmsSol Clk / SKT – 162 CmsWeight – 47.8 KgsChest – 77 Cms|
|@ Relaxation in Physical Standards|
|Category||Height (Cms)||Chest (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)|
|Sons of Servicemen (SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows (SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|Adopted son / son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|Outstanding Sportsmen. Sports pers with participation and proficiency level as mentioned at Para 4 (O) (ii) will be provided relaxation.||2||3||5|
|@ Note – Relaxation in Physical Standards is either for wards of servicemen / ex servicemen or sportsmen(not both) and is in addition to the Special Physical Standards.The sports certificate issued by authorized sports federations are valid for two years from the issued date as on first day of the recruitment rally, for which the candidate is being screened.|
- Candidates will be tested as stated below :-
|Physical Fitness Test ( At Rally Site )||Remarks|
|1.6 Km Run||Beam (Pull Ups )||9 Feet||Zig – Zag|
|Group I –||60||10||40||Need to||Need to|
|Uptill 5 Min 30||9||33||Qualify||Qualify|
|Group II – 5 Min 31 Sec||48||7||21|
|to 5 Min 45|
|Physical Measurement ( At Rally Site ) Physical measurements will be carried out as per the Physical standards listed at Para 2 above.|
|Medical Test As per laid down medical standards at the Rally Site.Unfit candidates will be referred to MH / CH / BH for specialist review. Candidates referred for specialist review should present themselves to the nominated MH / CH / BH on 5th day from date of generation of Medical Review barring Sunday / Closed Holidays and report back to ARO for issue of Admit Card for CEE, in case of declared FIT. Decision of the army medical authorities will be final.|
|Written Test through Common Entrance Examination (CEE) Will be conducted for medically fit candidates at nominated venue. Location, Date and time of written test will be intimated at rally site and through Admit Cards.Admit card for the CEE for the Rally Fit candidates (Except Relaxation Candidates) will be issued at Rally Site itself.Admit card for the CEE for Relaxation candidates (i.e Relationship/Sports/NCC candidates) will be issued after verification from issuing authority.Admit card for the CEE for the Review Fit cases will be issued after getting medically fit by concerned specialist / specialists at MH / CH / BH.|
3. COVID -19 ADVISORY
- All candidates will produce a COVID-19 free / Asymptomatic Certificate and No Risk Certificate when they report to the rally. Format att as per Appendix „A‟ and „B‟. Asymptomatic Certificate should have been issued within 48 hrs prior to the rally reporting day.
- All candidates will be thermally screened at the rally site. Candidates having temperature / showing symptoms will be directed to report again on a designated day earmarked by Headquarters Recruiting Zone, for all such cases. If the candidate is again having symptoms, he will not be allowed to participate in the rally.
- All candidates will carry masks and gloves.
- All ground staff will be well equipped/ protected.
- DO’s and DON’Ts while in recruitment rally : –
- Wear mask at all the time and before putting on mask, clean with soap and water. Replace mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single use mask.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water during verification of documents and prior to appearing for the tests. The same will be available at site.
- Maintain social distancing as per government orders amongst each other. Don’t touch your body parts on any surface unnecessarily.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene ie cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper during cough or sneeze. Then dispose off the used tissue immediately in the covered dustbin and wash your hand with soap and water.
- Inform and seek immediate medical attention in case of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing.
- Candidates are required to carry the mask and hand sanitizer alongwith them.
- Finally, be supportive, be careful, be alert and be safe.
- Candidates are required to bring following documents / certificates in original with two attested photocopies with them to the rally site :-
- Admit Card. Printed with Laser Printer on good quality paper (Do not shrink the size).
- Photograph. Twenty copies of unattested Passport size colour photographs developed on good quality photographic paper in white background not more than three months old. Computer printouts / photoshopped photographs will NOT be accepted.
(c) Education Certificates.
- Education Certificates with marks sheet in original of all educational qualifications achieved by candidate i.e.Matric/ Intermediate / Graduation etc from recognised School /College / Board / University.
- Provisional / online education certificate should be certified ink signed by the head of the educational institution of concerned Board / University.
- Candidates with matric certificate from Open Schoolshould bring School Leaving Certificate countersigned by BEO / DEO.
- Domicile Certificate. Domicile Certificate with photograph issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate. Only computer generated Nativity Certificate which can be verified from Govt website will be acceptable.
- Caste Certificate. Caste Certificate affixed with photographof the candidate issued by the Tehsildar/District Magistrate. Only computer generated Nativity Certificate which can be verified from Govt website will be acceptable.
- Religion Certificate. Religion Certificate issued by the Tehsildar/SDM. (if religion as “SIKH/HINDU/MUSLIM/CHRISTIAN” is not mentioned in caste certificate).
- Kandi Area Certificate. Kandi Area Certificate issued by the SDM. (If applicable).
- Dogra Community Certificate. Dogra Community Certificate issued by the Tehsildar. (If applicable).
- School Character Certificate. School Character Certificate issued by the School/College Principal/Headmaster, where the candidate last studied.
- Character Certificate. Character Certificate with photograph issued by Village Sarpanch/Municipal Corporation within last sixmonths.
- Unmarried Certificate. Unmarried Certificate for candidates less than 21 years of age with photograph issued by Village Sarpanch/Municipal Corporation within last sixmonths.
- Relationship Certificate. SOS/ SOEX/ SOW/ SOWW Candidates are required to produce thefollowing documents:-
- Relationship certificate issued from respective Record Office only duly signed by Record Officer with Personal number, Rank, Name and particular of the Record Officer issuing the Relationship Certificate with office seal/stamp is endorsed. In addition the candidate with also submit an affidavit duly affixed with joint photograph stating the relationship affirmed before a 1st Class Judicial Magistrate or notary. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix „C‟.
- A declaration to the affect as mentioned in the Affidavit on Ten Rupees Non-Judicial Stamp paper prepared by the ESM duly signed by 1st Class/ Executive/ Judicial Magistrate is required to be submitted by the candidate at rally site. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix „D‟.
- Original Discharge Book of Ex-Serviceman also to be produced. Name and date of birth of the candidate must have been recorded in it.
- NCC Certificate. NCC A/ B/ C certificates and Republic Day Parade certificate should have photograph ofthe candidate duly attested by issuing authority. Provisional NCC A/ B/ C pass certificates willonly be accepted if authenticated by concerned NCC Group Commanders. However, the candidate has to produce the original certificate well before CEE (Common Entrance Exam) to enable verification of the original certificate.
(o) Sports Certificate.
- The sports certificates issued by authorized sports federations are valid for two yrs from the issue date as on the first day of the rest rally, for which the candidate is being screened. For list of sports under which, relaxation in physical standards is admissible, attention is invited to www.joinindianarmy.nic.in website.
- Sports certificates should be with registration number and from Govt recognized sports institutes/bodies as under :-
|Level||Marks||Authorised Sports Federation for Issue of Sports certificate||Category|
|Represented India at the International Level.||20||Accredited Sports Federation of India of respective sport that has fielded the indl/team to represent India.||Sol GD Sol Clk/ SKT/IM|
|Represented State at the Senior/Junior National level and have won any medal in individual event or have reached upto eighth position in Team event.||15||National Sports Federation of the respective sports as recognized by the Min of Youth Affairs & sports.||Sol Tech Sol Tech (Avn/Amn Examiner) Sol Tech (NA) AMC|
|Represented College/University in Inter University Championship and have won any medal in individual event or have reached upto sixth position in the Team event.||10||Inter University Sports Board.|
|Represented State at National Level in Khelo India Games and have won any medal in individual event or have reached upto sixth position in the team event.||10||National Sports Federation of the respective Sports/Sports Authority of India as recognized by the Min of Youth Affairs & Sports||Sol Tech (NA Vet) Sol Tdn (8th& 10th)|
|Represented Dist at the State Level and have won any medal in individual event or have reached upto fourth position in the Team event.||05||Respective State Sports Federation as recognized by state sports ministry.|
|Represented the State school team in the events org by All India School Games Federation and have won any medal in individual event or upto sixth position in the Team event.||05||All India School Games Federation.|
- Affidavit. Duly signed by candidate on Rs 10/- Non-judicial Stamp Paper as perspecimen duly attested by notary will be submitted by candidate. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix „E‟.
- Single Bank A/C, PAN Card & AADHAR Card. Single Bank A/C, PAN Card & Aadhar Card are mandatory documents for final enrolment for purpose of Pay & allowances and other social benefits scheme.
5. Special Instructions.
- Sikh candidates should bring 20 Photographs in turban & 20 Photographs without turban. Photographs should not be more than three months old. Photoshoped copies will not be accepted.
- Full postal address to include post office, police station and pin code to be mentioned in the affidavit.
- Mobile phones not permitted.
- Administration. Candidates are advised to bring sufficient eatables and drinking waterwith them since recruitment is a time consuming process.
7. Candidates will be permitted entry into the rally site only on production of Admit Card in duplicate generated online through the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Anyone found with fake admit card will be handed over to Civil Police.
- Recruitment into the army is a free service. Candidates are advised not to pay bribe to anyone for recruitment as it is based purely on merit. Selection process during recruitment at all stages is computerised and transparent. Therefore, candidates are advised to be beware of touts as they cannot help them at any stage.
- Candidates are advised to check their age & education criteria before participating in the rally. Candidates found under age / overage and not meeting education criteria will be disqualified.
- Giving / taking bribe, production of bogus / fake certificates and indulging in unfair means is a criminal offence and liable for punishment under law.
- Certificates with overwriting, tampering of seals or erasing/alteration of any type will not be accepted.
- All documents submitted by the candidates are verified by government agencies before enrolment into Army. Strong legal action will be taken against individuals submitting fake documents. Even after recruitment, the service will be terminated if candidates are found to have produced fake documents or gave wrong information at the time of recruitment, despite the number of years of service individual may have rendered.
- No compensation for Death / injury / loss etc during the rally and no travelling allowance / dearness allowance for journey is admissible. Candidates will participate in the rally at their own risk and the participation is totally and entirely voluntary. The signing of Indemnity Bond is a mandatory requirement.
- Use of Performance Enhancing Drugs. Use of any kind of performance enhancing drugsis strictly banned. Candidates having been found to have used the same will be debarred from further screening.
15. Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e From inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
- If 180 days or more lapse between screening medical at the rally and despatch, medical will be done again and unfit candidates in this review will not be recruited.
- Selection is provisional till Rahdari Certificate is issued and candidates are despatched for training.
18. Mobile phones not permitted.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo medical exam before coming for selection especially with respect to flat foot, poor vision, deformities and physical measurements. All are advised to ensure that their ears are free of wax by getting it cleaned by a doctor prior to the rally.
- Candidates may have to present themselves at rally site for three to four days. Candidates should make arrangements for stay under their own arrangements.
- Negative marking would be applicable in CEE.
- Result of written examination will be declared on the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. No separate letter will be sent to the candidate. It is responsibility of candidate to check his result and report to ARO for documentation.
- For any clarification, the applicant may contact our helpline number- 070810 11964
Disclaimer. The terms and conditions, given in the notification and on the website are subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Army / Government of India will be final. Details are now available on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in